A Taste of Azerbaijan
An Immersive Culinary and Cultural Experience
Welcome to Azerbaijan, a fascinating country at the crossroads of Asia and Europe, boasting rich history, vibrant culture, and delectable cuisine, but, above all, abounding hospitality embedded in the hearts of Azerbaijanis! You are in the right place!
Picture yourself enjoying breathtaking landscapes that reveal the nature’s spring season hues and
touring captivating historic sites along the Silk Road. Meet with local community members exceptional in
their efforts whether it’s organic farming and revival of forgotten centuries-old winemaking techniques,
or keeping traditional recipes from perishing and preserving the otherwise disappearing arts and crafts.
Mingle with artisans, artists, bakers, cooks, and just people from all walks of life! Food, of course, is an artisanal element on its own, which helps one gain a deeper understanding of the culture it belongs too. Enjoy lively market
visits – discover stalls brimming with the seasonal produce and learn about them from the growers!
Indulge in authentic regional specialties served in traditional restaurants and experience firsthand how
Azerbaijanis cook and eat at home in the most remote places. Sip on piping-hot Azerbaijani tea in
curvaceous glasses, while enjoying enchanting folk music and dazzling dance performances.
We are glad you have decided to get a taste of the country where food is exquisite, guests are treated
like royalty, and the culture is a bright mosaic of ethnicities, languages, and traditions!
Below, please find preliminary details on this small-group tour designed to allow you the chance to
immerse in the local culture of each destination to the fullest.
Feel at home in Azerbaijan.
Why Travel With Us
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience: We offer 100% authentic, immersive journeys and make you feel at home in the Caucasus.
- Expertise: We have a deep passion for and understanding of our culture and we work tirelessly on the ground and behind the scenes to bring it to you.
- Community Support: We care for our communities and support family-run businesses and artisans.
- Sustainable Tourism: We make a positive impact on the local society, economy, and environment.
- Unforgettable Connections: We travel in small groups allowing for our travelers to connect and make friends with one another and with the locals.
- Quick Details
- Tour Highlights
- Tour Price
- What's Included
- Not Included
- Important Notes
- Private Tour Considerations
- Tour leader: Feride Buyuran
- Dates: May 17–27, 2024
- Length: 11 days, 10 nights
- Arrival: May 17, Baku
- Departure: May 27, Baku
- Group Size: Limited to 12 participants
- Meet the locals in their homes
- UNESCO-heritage sites
- National Carpet Museum
- Ethnic villages
- Medieval caravanserai in Baku and Sheki
- Carpet factory
- Silk factory and silk scarf making demo
- Trip to a farmer's market
- Cooking classes at home with the locals
- Baklava and bread baking demos
- Live ethnic folklore performances (dances, songs)
- Garden/homestead tours
- House tours
- – and many more!
Tour price for 4–5 people: $4,300 per person based on double occupancy (plus $500 single supplement)
Total price for 6+ people: $4,100 per person based on double occupancy (plus $500 single supplement)
Registration deadline: March 1, 2024**
* Double occupancy prices per person apply when there are two people sharing a room. The single supplement applies to travelers who require their own room. Solo travelers who wish to avoid the single supplement and share a room with another solo traveler should notify us and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
**If you missed the deadline, please contact us at email@example.com to check for availability and we will accommodate you if there is space.
- Tour leadership by Feride Buyuran
- Arrival and departure transfers (only on scheduled arrival and departure dates)
- 10 nights’ accommodation in 3- and 4-star hotels and guesthouses (e.g. family-run rustic guesthouses in villages)
- All daily meals with group: breakfast, lunch, dinner, except arrival and departure meals, which are independent.
- Complimentary bottles of water, daily
- All ground transportation, including private air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter van or similar
- Official guided tours, including site admissions
- Private cooking classes/demos, market trips
- Wine tastings as/IF noted in the itinerary
- Folklore performances and entertainment
- International airfare to and from Baku
- Travel insurance, overseas medical insurance, or trip cancellation insurance
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Transfers to and from airports for travelers who arrive and depart independently, not on scheduled arrival and departure dates
- Extra meals, snacks, and beverages
- Alcoholic beverages (other than in wine tastings and with some (!) of the meals included in the itinerary)
- Souvenirs or any personal purchases
- Excursions, services, and activities NOT included in the itinerary
- Personal hotel expenses, such as laundry, telephone calls, faxes, or e-mail service
- Tips to hotel staff for luggage assistance or other personal services
- Tips to local guides, performers, drivers
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full tour brochure with itinerary and registration form.
This intimate, friendly tour will have a maximum of 12 PARTICIPANTS to ensure the best possible experience.
The tour is 11 days and 10 nights. including the arrival and departure days from Baku. The tour dates are May 17–27, 2024.
Stay in 3- and 4-star hotels and guesthouses, selected for their location, service, and atmosphere, and level of comfort. Your accommodation will reflects the culture and personality of your destination – such as, a historic building now hotel in Baku’s Old Town and a rustic family-owned guesthouse, designed in the local style, in the remote village of Lahij or another village. Note that the tour price is based on double occupancy. If you are a single traveler, we highly recommend that you register early as the number of single rooms available on the tour may be limited.
Activity Level – Moderate
General fitness level is required for the tour, which involves a good amount of walking on uneven surfaces and over difficult terrain such as cobblestones and steep city hills, as well as hiking hills and climbing stairs at locations not always accessible by car. Be ready for early morning wake-ups (particularly to travel to far destinations) and other typical travel-related scenarios. This tour is suitable for travelers who are in good health, are physically fit, and comfortable with long days of touring.
Food on the Tour
Food is one of the highlights of the tour. Although the itinerary does not provide detailed menus, rest assured that you will find yourself in a foodie paradise! On the registration form, please list your tastes and preferences and dietary restrictions, if any, so that our menus reflect your choices.
Information Package & Reading List
In advance of your trip, you will receive an information package to help you better prepare for the tour, including details about obtaining a visa, local currencies, clothing and packing tips, airport guidelines, and other know-hows. You will also receive the final tour itinerary and a list of suggested reading.
Please check our FAQ page.
We can customize this tour to make it your own. Just let us know!
To register for the tour and secure your spot:
1. To register for the tour and secure your spot, a deposit of $1,000 per person must be submitted with the registration form by February 15, 2024 (EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 25th!). The deposit can be paid by direct deposit (request details) or by check (see registration form for details).The sooner you save your spot, the more chances you have to join the tour, as space is limited!
2. Print the tour registration form we send you, then sign it and and mail (or email) it to us.
3. The balance (plus single supplement) is due by March 1, 2024. Please pay by check (details on registration form) or by direct bank transfer (request details). Alternatively, pay via Paypal by credit card (request link), but add 3% Paypal charge.